RE: Solex versus SU

To: "'John F Sandhoff'" <sandhoff@csus.edu>,
Subject: RE: Solex versus SU
From: "Laury, Victor" <LauryV@MTA.NET>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 13:44:25 -0800
I have to agree with John. The solex's are untammed brats. The SUs are well
tempered. Solexs wear cut off tee shirts and drink beer in public. SUs sip
libations in haute coulture. Solexs yell obsenities at pedestrians. SUs
discuss current events over coffee.

My car with SUs and A cam pulled well to 6,000 RPM and Idled like a kitten.
My car with Solexs and B cam coffs, spits, shakes at idle but may pull well
pass 7,000, but I wouldn't know, the rev limiters between my legs runs out
at 7 grand.