Roadster Revived in NC

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Roadster Revived in NC
From: "Chris Bond" <cbond@carolina.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2002 01:13:57 -0500
Hey everyone. My take two and make one plan worked out great. I bought a
decent  69 body in Tenn. and a 66  rusrbucket with a good engine in Ohio. I
think I have spent around 100.00  on radiator flush and some brake rebuild
parts, everything else from a collection of junk cars. I will have a decent
looking, streetable car for cheap. I just started with the picture trail and
will have some more pics soon,cbroadsters at picture trail. It is also on the
311 registry. I have a room at Hampton for Atlanta in April, cant wait. I'm
planning on having both roadsters there.  I would also like to say it is
amazing the kind of stuff people do to these cars to keep them running. The 66
I bought, the guy told me it had a good motor and 42000 org. miles, took it
home, found out the speedo was out of a late model with 42000 on it, wasnt
even bolted in. I later took the fan off the engine, someone drilled out the
holes on the water pump and put wrong bolts in with nuts on the back, when the
last bolt was off, a piece of fibeglass hit the floor, Whats This? A homemade
fiberglass spacer. I didnt pay too much attention to the motor after that, I
ignored the motor thinking it was not good since everything else the guy said
was wrong. I noticed it had the cast iron head and decided to compression test
it, I was amazed at the results., it sounds quiet and  is smooth running. A
few more bugs and I'll be off to the DMV next week for a tag. Gotta go,
Looking forward to meeting new roadster people in Atlanta, Chris Bond