Re: Aluminum kickplate and other trim (the seceret answer)

To: Eschcool2@aol.com, datsun roadsters
Subject: Re: Aluminum kickplate and other trim (the seceret answer)
From: Roman Rist <roadsterregistry@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 21:06:54 -0800 (PST)
--- Eschcool2@aol.com wrote:

> Someone out there must have the secret answer reserved only for us
> list members.

Here is the seceret answer!
Tedious hand work! I got mine looking great, shiny and had that glow
that only buffed aluminum has! what it took was a BRASS wire wheel on a
drill. the brass is softer than other wire wheels, so it didn't gouge
up the aluminum, then coarse steel wool down to the 0000 grade. then
onto the buffer!
Lotsa Work, Lotsa Time. I wish I would have clear coated them though. A
year and a half later they still look good but kind of Blah.
Roman
BTW, one dollar to list server.
http://sports.yahoo.com/