A-arm reassembly

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: A-arm reassembly
From: "Amy & Erik" <erikandamy@integraonline.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 22:44:24 -0600
I am in the process of replacing my upper a-arm mounts.  I have all the
parts installed into the arm, but I am not too sure how tight I should
torque the bushings.  One one, they are very tight, and the arm moves
smoothly.
On the other, I get them tight, but the lockplates can still wiggle.  I
tighten them down more and the movement of the arm gets pretty stiff.
What is the secret?

Also, does anyone have torque specs for tie rods and ball joint nuts?  I
assume it is pretty tight with the amount of grunt it takes to break them
loose, but I need to use the torque wrench I bought sooner or later.  Do you
grease or anti-sieze the taper?

Erik Smeby
http://www.geocities.com/smedly_whiplash/