Re: Electrical Problems - Ugh - Part II

To: Ryan Bird <birdman@myrealbox.com>
Subject: Re: Electrical Problems - Ugh - Part II
From: Vicki Burrows <gregnvicki@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 23:40:21 -0800
On mine I went to the local autoparts store and purchased a 30amp in-line fuse
(that was the biggest I could find).  It uses the typical glass tube fuses.
Then, I just cut into the main wire that runs to the back of the alternator and
spliced this in.  I now use a GM one wire alternator (much cheaper, chrome and
simple, no external regulator!), so I don't remember what the roadster
alternator says on the back, but the GM says "Batt".  Basically, it is the wire
that has goes to the post that has the insulator on it.  I put mine near the
alternator.  BTW, my alternator puts out 65
amps, but I don't pop this 30 amp fuse, so it should work for the roadster
alternator just fine.  Anyone else?
Greg Burrows