Re: Electrical Problems - Ugh

To: "Vicki Burrows" <gregnvicki@earthlink.net>,
Subject: Re: Electrical Problems - Ugh
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 06:36:23 -0500
I also recommend wiring in a fusible link on the starter wire harness where
the car receives its main power in addition to the alternator white wire.

A fusible link is 2 gauges smaller than the smallest wire in the circuit and
has a special covering that doesn't burn but melts. The metal wire will melt
because of additional amperage and protect the other wires in the circuit.
For example if the smallest wire is 10 gauge use a 12 gauge fusible link
wire. Fusible link wire is available at most good auto parts stores.

I think Rallye sold a kit for the starter harness many years ago using a
fusible link.

MIke