Re: Taking body off

To: "Allen Blackmon" <orangedawg@hotmail.com>,
Subject: Re: Taking body off
From: "Tim Waltz" <printner@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 11:12:46 -0700
> For my information purposes only, how many bolts are there that hold the
> body on teh frame?  Where are they located?  How difficult is it to remove
> body from the frame?

Just did this yesterday:

2 near the grill
2 in engine compartment (connecting inner fenders)
2 in passenger compartment near feet/pedals
2 in passenger compartment door area
2 in passenger compartment rear deck
2 on front edge of rear wheel well
2 in trunk

although I heated them, the two near the feet/pedal area snapped on me.  The
rest came out clean.  I was able to free the body from the frame by myself,
but we're having a lifting party tomorrow.

In addition, these must be removed:

chassis wiring harness
emergency brake
(any cables/hoses connecting body to engine, tranny, or frame--including all
brake, clutch, fuel, accelerator, heater core, etc.) Some of the cables only
have to be unclipped from the body--they don't all have to be removed.

I took off the intake manifold because I left the engine for now.  Not much
to lift over the rest of the engine.

I'm sure I'm forgetting something since I've been taking it apart for a few
months, but that's most of it.

Tim