Re: Early vs. Later Solex's

To: Allen Blackmon <orangedawg@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Early vs. Later Solex's
From: RWM <RWM@rwmann.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 13:52:03 -0500
No, rebuild kits are not interchangeable, "early style" vs. old vs. new,
and within the "old" there appear to be several varieties of carb bodies
out there.  Best you take the gaskets and parts you have and try to
match them visually.

I had a nightmare with one of the reputedly competent Mikuni vendors,
trying to get sets of "original, early style" carb bodies (complete with
Kanji witness marks), and ended up faxing them copies of the gaskets to
get something close to right.

- Bob Mann, '69 2000 Solex

--
R.W. Mann & Company, Inc.  >> Airline Industry Analysis
Port Washington, NY  11050 >> tel 516-944-0900, fax -7280