resistor voltage

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: resistor voltage
From: mclary8@comcast.net
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 15:57:32 -0500
When I check the voltage thru the resistor I'm getting 12V, not 8-9V. Is that
really possible?  The PO has added a splice in the 12V resistor wire(BW) to
supply 12V to the coil +. They have added other wires that I have know idea
what they're for. The wire the should have run from the aft side of the
resistor to the + coil side was to a BW wire that runs back thru the firewall.
Any answers to this these?  I appreciate the help that I get from the list.
Thank you, Mark