Re: resistor voltage

To: <mclary8@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: resistor voltage
From: "Patrick J. Horne" <horne@cs.utexas.edu>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 07:52:03 -0600 (CST)
Yes, it is possible. If the points are open you will see 12V on the coil
side of the resistor. Close the points and the voltage should drop way
down, probably less than 6 volts.

Why? The voltage drop across a resistor is governed by the current flowing
through it. No current (points open) no voltage drop.

Peace,
Pat

Pat Horne, Network Manager, Shop Supervisor, Future planner