The furor over U20 timing components

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: The furor over U20 timing components
From: "Andrew Murphy" <solex67@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 12:04:59 -0800
Hey All,

I am sure it is no mystery to the U20 owners out there that the blindfold
has been placed on the U20 timing set availability and the final cigarette
has been lit...

I just today received my timing set and although it cost me a fortune I am
glad to have it. I am doing a full restoration on my 67 2000 and I wanted to
replace the timing components. Believe me I will be keeping my old stuff as
spare parts.

We have long been asking about the vendors developing some aftermarket
timing components. For the most part it has all been talk with some list
members saying that some machine shops have at least considered building the
sprockets that are the REALLY hard to fabricate items.

To prevent another war on the list about "shilling" I will only say I have
some information that other U20 owners might find interesting. Contact me
off list if you would like to hear about it.

See you on the road,

Andrew Murphy
SoCalROC