Re: Black "evaporation" tank in trunk

To: Allen Blackmon <orangedawg@hotmail.com>, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Black "evaporation" tank in trunk
From: Adam Bradley <ambradley@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 11:10:14 -0800 (PST)
No and none, not without redesigning the system.

The fuel return and the smog pump are not connected.  Nor is the
distributor, but that's another story.

The '70 fuel system is closed, thus the non-vented cap.  There are fuel
lines that return back to the evaporative tank and back into the
primary fuel tank.  These are not present on the earlier cars.

You could possibly put a vented cap on it and remove all the other fuel
lines except the one going to the fuel pump to make it like an earlier
car.  If doing that, I would get an early fuel filler neck and probably
an early fuel tank, if there's any difference.

Or you can be like me and just accept that this is the way it is.  It
hardly gets in the way, considering that not much fits in the trunk
anyway.

Adam
'70 1600