Let the restoration begin..

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Let the restoration begin..
From: eric r dison <erd1550@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 13:11:52 -0600
To: All Roadster Restoration Enthusiasts

        I have been on the list now for a little over a month. I have
been saving the postings that I feel would be the most help to my
project. My new toy is a 1969 ('68 by VIN #) 2000 SRL311-05748 with SU
carbs and the rest is pretty much stock. The car has 80xxx miles and
hasn't been started in 14+ years. The clutch was rebuilt just prior to
the last running of the engine. I am planning to pull the body and have
it gone over and repainted as their is minor surface cancer and a few
minor divots in the skin.

        I am looking for direction as to where to start with the project
and who would be the best and most reliable place to start acquiring
parts and pieces. I am trying currently to get the title problem with the
year of the car on the title fixed first. HELP !!! From the looks of the
postings I have no gurus to use in the frozen tundra of Minnesota and to
the best of my searches there are no local clubs in my area.

        Any and all help would be appreciated and maybe some day I could
repay in kind...

Eric Dison
1969 ('68) 2000  SRL311-05748