Re: Brake Bleeding Part II

To: mtyler <mtyler@hctc.net>
Subject: Re: Brake Bleeding Part II
From: "Patrick J. Horne" <horne@cs.utexas.edu>
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2002 10:25:56 -0600 (CST)
Marc,

I usually set it to pull up 2 or 3 clicks with average pull on the handle.
Just jack up the rear wheels and slack off the emergency brake adjustor.
Then adjust the brakes until the brakes drag, then back them of a couple
of clicks. Next adjust the emergency brake until the brakes drag
(emergency brake off), then back it off until they don't drag. As I
recall, with the brakes set this way, you should be able to pull the
emergency brake handle up one or two clicks with minimal pull, then it
gets much harder to pull up. That should get you the best settings.

Peace,
Pat

Pat Horne, Network Manager, Shop Supervisor, Future planner