Re: LSD 4.11 Vs. 3.9

To: Daniel@nowroc.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: LSD 4.11 Vs. 3.9
From: "Andrew Murphy" <solex67@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2002 14:03:54 -0800
Hey Daniel,

When I was looking for a rear end for my 67 2000, I asked the same
questions. I got a lot of opinions/adice and one question that got me
thinking: Are you building a street car or a race car?

My answer was why can't I have both? I want the positration for turns and
handling, but I don't want my engine running at 5500 RPMs when I am at 70
MPH on the freeway.

So I went with a 3.7 ratio with a posi spool. I would imagine that 3.9 would
be a good compromise ratio. You'd get the quicker acceleration without
losing driveabliliy on the open road.

My .02,

Andrew Murphy
SoCalROC