Re: SR20 engine swap

To: James M Koken <james.m.koken@gte.net>, Greg Hare
Subject: Re: SR20 engine swap
From: Adam Bradley <ambradley@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2002 18:09:17 -0800 (PST)
According to www.geocities.com/olddat, the R16 in the Roadster is 9:1
CR and the H20 is 8.2:1 CR.  What I'm wondering is, with the lower CR,
is performance much lower?  Would I want to up the CR in the H20 to 9:1
to have comparable performance to the R16 per cc of swept displacement?
 Could I do that by using U20 pistons with an H20 crankshaft, or would
I need to go with U20 crank/rods/pistons with a machined nose on the
U20 crankshaft?

=====