RE: SR20 engine swap

To: Greg Hare <ghare@bellsouth.net>, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: SR20 engine swap
From: Adam Bradley <ambradley@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2002 12:37:16 -0800 (PST)
It lives in many trucks in other parts of the world.  In the US it was
originally forklift only.  Its block is identical to a five-main R16 so
its crankshaft/pistons/rods can be implanted or an H20 block can be
dropped in a Roadster.  From what I've been told the stock R16 camshaft
is too mild and should be reground if stroking an R16 this way.

I have an "R20" question.  H20 pistons are dished and the compression
ratio is lower than an R16.  Does a dished H20 perform much better than
a domed R16?  Can I use domed or flattop U20 pistons with an H20
crankshaft?

--- Greg Hare <ghare@bellsouth.net> wrote:
> Ok - well, hit me with some more info - what's an H20 live in - isn't
> that a forklift motor?

=====
Thanks,

Adam Bradley