behind the bathrooms?

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>, <wschaibe@ucsd.edu>, <JRDMF@aol.com>
Subject: behind the bathrooms?
From: "Paul" <9laser3@bright.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 08:05:25 -0400
----- Original Message -----
From: <JRDMF@aol.com>

> (You know....the one where they put the Japanese classics
> behind the bathrooms?)

  Gee, I didn't know that was in the rules every where?  A few years back
Teddy Seidenfeld and I took our roadsters to the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand
Prix.  At check in we were told to head 'over there' and park with the
Japanese cars.  When we found one RX7 parked in front of the Porta Potties,
Teddy immediately suggested we find a better spot.  We drove further up the
hill side and found a lovely spot with lots of room  and on a main walk way
so we lined up our two cars and parked.  Quickly we were told that we
shouldn't park there because it was for Mercedes, the feature manufacturer
that year.  So we did the only thing we could think of: we waved in two
older Z's to park in the "Datsun" area, and quickly walked away so no one
could tell us to move!  Came back about  an hour later to find several more
Z's had joined us, ... and that lonely RX7 too!
  The next year the "Japanese" cars were assigned a much nicer spot to park!

Paul
1969 1600
1972 510 wagon
OROC