Impact guns

To: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>,
Subject: Impact guns
From: mtyler <mtyler@hctc.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 13:05:18 -0500
datsunmike wrote

>THat's why impact guns are great!
>
>I tried to take off the pinion nut many years ago and it was a bitch. A
>friend lent me his compressor and impact gun and zip, it was off. Same with
>the rear bolt on a 5 speed. I went out and bought a compressor and assorted
>tools to take it off and other parts.
>
>The impact gun also helps in not screwing up parts if used wisely.
>
>Mike

Amazing the difference they make!  I haven't rbeen rounding over or
shearing of bolts on the dissasembly of my old 320 truck since I picked
up a little 3/8" impact gun.  There are a couple suspension pieces that
look like they need the use of a 1/2" gun or larger.  It sure os nice
having fasteners actually come out...and intact!

-Marc T