Re: what body the engine belongs to..

To: Mike Harper <roadsterdude1600@yahoo.com>,
Subject: Re: what body the engine belongs to..
From: Adam Bradley <ambradley@attbi.com>
Date: Sun, 04 Aug 2002 08:04:10 -0700
I don't know for sure on Roadsters, but my '66 PL411 has a single small
sheet that has the model, destination, serial # (which is not the VIN, and
which doesn't appear to be on the car anywhere), engine, chassis (VIN),
color and key numbers.  So I suppose I *can* know what engine came with
that car.

At 06:32 AM 8/4/2002 -0700, Mike Harper wrote:
>You'll never know for sure what frame (body) # the
>engine came from, because they are not consecutive,
>but you will be able to pinpoint the probable year of
>manufacture.  For example U20-00463 is from a '67.5
>2000 because they made 1000 of them and the motor #
>will usually be higher than the frame # (because some
>engines were probably rejected upon inspection I
>assume).  My early '68 2000 is SRL 01278 and the
>engine # is U20-01836.  Remember that there were right
>& left hand drives, so the matching is just a guess
>unless you have the original VIN plate.
>
>Mike Harper
>'66 1600
>'68 2000
>Charleston SC
>
>--- Datsun Dude <roadstrdude@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Hello Roadster Experts...
> >
> > How you do find out....which car..or vin an engine
> > belongs to..
> >
> > Example....U20 00463 ....
> >
> > Thanks

> > ///  Send admin requests to majordomo@autox.team.net