Re: what body the engine belongs to..

To: Datsun Dude <roadstrdude@yahoo.com>,
Subject: Re: what body the engine belongs to..
From: Mike Harper <roadsterdude1600@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Aug 2002 06:32:45 -0700 (PDT)
You'll never know for sure what frame (body) # the
engine came from, because they are not consecutive,
but you will be able to pinpoint the probable year of
manufacture.  For example U20-00463 is from a '67.5
2000 because they made 1000 of them and the motor #
will usually be higher than the frame # (because some
engines were probably rejected upon inspection I
assume).  My early '68 2000 is SRL 01278 and the
engine # is U20-01836.  Remember that there were right
& left hand drives, so the matching is just a guess
unless you have the original VIN plate.

Mike Harper
'66 1600
'68 2000