Insurance and roadster value

To: "Gordon Glasgow" <gsglasgow@attbi.com>, <eddie@ratdat.com>,
Subject: Insurance and roadster value
From: mtyler <mtyler@hctc.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 17:14:35 -0500
It was painful to see the pictures of Gordon's 2000.  (Sorry Gordon)
Seems like this might be the time to bring up the painful subject of
value again.  Gordon's car is an exemplary vehicle, we've all ooh'd and
aah'd  over it.  Like the Calspeed car, Gordon's is a kind of celebrity
here.  I found some "pricing information" in Collector Car & Truck Market
Guide.  On the roadsters and the numbers i found are an insurance
adjuster's dream.  There is no 67.5 2000 listed (there's testimony to the
accuracy and comprehesiveness of this work right there)  The first 2000
listed is 1968.  The condition is listed as a number.  Here's the price
for 68-70 2000
5 Poor, not roadworthy but not a rustbucket........$650.00
4 Fair, runs, drives, needs work, rust minimal, not in structural
areas...$1375
3 Good, presentable inside and out with some wear runs and drives
well....$3000
2 Very good Extremely presentable showing minimal wear or well restored
needs no work...$5550
1Excellent Close to perfect original Everything works as new ;all
equipment original, NOS or excellent reproductions  (show

I'm not one for wanting the roadster prices insanely inflated, but at
prices like those, with part prices what they are, one fender-bender and
you're totaled!  Gordon's car looks like a $12,000 example to me.

Marc T.