RE: SU carb tuning

To: "'datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net'"
Subject: RE: SU carb tuning
From: Mitch Planck <mitch@ias.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 14:38:06 -0400
I think this is a great idea too.

Here's an easy tip I picked up from a Jag guy at a car show. They have 3 SUs
on the 6s!
Take the pistons out and put them so that the needle on one is opposite the
needle on another (imagine 2 people holding out knifes and walking toward
each other). The needles should both touch the lower surface of the piston
of the other piston. If they don't then one of the needles is sticking out
farther than the other and you'll never be able to sync the carbs
effectivly.

Here's a quickie diagram:
----|
    |       |----