Re: stupid SU question

To: "Adam Bradley" <ambradley@attbi.com>,
Subject: Re: stupid SU question
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 06:29:27 -0400
Wellllllll, that's not entirely true.

If you lift the pin of the carb about 1/16" and (1) the engine goes faster
and stays faster the carb you are holding needs to be leaned (2) If the
engine dies it needs to be richened (3) If the RPMs rise and then go back to
normal it's correct. Just lift the pin a little!

When you raise the pin all the way and the engine dies richen up the other
carb. Make sure the idle speed is correct before doing this as a low or high
idle gives deceptive results.

Remember to do the tune up stuff first and disconnect the linkage from the
carbs to get your idle adjusted correctly.

Mike