Re: Dash cap questions and glue

To: Allen Blackmon <orangedawg@hotmail.com>,
Subject: Re: Dash cap questions and glue
From: Russ & Lee <rulee@motion.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 19:13:31 -0500
Allen, just looked at my 70 1600, I've had 5 yrs. PO installed dash cap
fitts just as you have described.  it has  aluminium tabs under the
center screws and  over the center cut outs next to the windshield( must
have used a flex drive on the screw/bolts all others the tabbs are under
the cap.
mine is coming loose on the center top, and is cracking at the center
holes for the twisties  for the
toneauea cover ( never could spell that!)  I've heard others say to make
sure the old surface is clean and smooth be fore glueing.
Hope this helps,
Russ Southwell 70 1600 old dash cap