Install factory roll bar and dash cap THANKS!!

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Install factory roll bar and dash cap THANKS!!
From: "Allen Blackmon" <orangedawg@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 17:28:57 +0000
To List,

First, thanks for all the great advice on dash caps.  Seems mine is like
everyone else's.  I believe I got over 12 replies from listers.  This list
RULES and thanks to all those out there.  BTW, silicone adhesive or
something similar is what they all said.

Next question.  I have a factory roll bar I got from one of our FABULOUS
listers.  Do you install it over or under the vinyl interior?  In other
words, do you drill throught the vinyl and attach it to the mounting holes
or go under the vinyl?  Anyone know how these were originally installed?  It
looks like you are supposed to drill through the vinyl because my back
mounting "plates", when mounted on the deck, have a gap between my mounting
plate and the trunk wall.  TIA

Allen
1970 2000 owner that now knows how to install dash cap