Re: How were roadsters painted at the factory

To: Skeet Mason <nez02@cptnet.com>
Subject: Re: How were roadsters painted at the factory
From: Thomas - Sweden <csp311@telia.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2002 11:26:46 +0200
I think they were painted with open doors and lids on the
car. The access cover to the fuel tank wiring was on the
"backseat floor" as you can find on a car thats' not been
repainted, a rectangular spot with only primer there.

Repainting the car works best with doors and lids off but
mounted on some frame at the same position as on the car
to avoid differences in color.

Thomas