Temp sender; starter is fixed

To: "Roadster Mail Group" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Temp sender; starter is fixed
From: "audela2" <audela2@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2002 08:34:49 -0700
First things first... thanks to everyone for the troubleshooting tips.  After
re-tightening all the connections, the engine turned over so it appears it was
just a loose connection.

Our next concern is getting a temp gauge in.  The one in the Roadster doesn't
work.  The new engine has one of the old type screw-top senders.  We'd like to
replace it but are hesitant because of the aluminum head.  Any hints/tips on
the best way to proceed?  There would be no problem using the current sender,
but all the gauges we've seen don't appear to have that type of connection.

Thanks again!
Charlotte & Leonard Hoover
Phoenix, Arizona
'64 SPL310 1500