Re: 311 stroker

To: "Mallory Owen" <mallory@floorhockey.net>,
Subject: Re: 311 stroker
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2002 18:44:40 -0400
You need a cam for the car. I use a Malvern Racing cam - 272 duration with
.450 lift. I also used custom Manley Proflo valves which flow more than
stock valves and don't cost much more money than stock valves and they're
mucho lighter. I also used comp valve springs.

I suggest using a U20 oil pump and ARP rod bolts. If your head is very cut I
also recommend forklift pistons to keep the CR reasonable although others
may disagree on this. You lose HP but gain reliability.

I also suggest U20 carbs as the 1.5" carbs just don't flow enough at higher
rpms. I ported a 1600 manifold to accept the carbs.

Porting would be very nice and is determined by how much $$$$ you have.

I also lightened my flywheel and balanced the engine.

Good luck

Mike