<OT> San Diego weekend ideas ?

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: <OT> San Diego weekend ideas ?
From: SPL311RDST@aol.com
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 22:43:08 EDT
Hello San Diego folks,

We've has made tentative plans to "escape" the heat of the desert for the
upcoming Labor Day weekend and head off to a more "temparate" San Diego for 3
days. Anyone local there have any *budget* suggestions for stuff to do ?
Gonna be me, Mark, and the 2 girls - (10 & 11-1/2 y/o & not so easily amused
w/ the ball-pit at chuckie-cheese's anymore, but not quite art-museum
material yet.)

I've never been down there before ( yup, I admit that I'm seriously
challenged in the "well-traveled" department!!) - gonna visit w/ my dad while
he's on TDY at the navy base there, but he'll be working & we'll have quite a
bit of time to ourselves

Thoughts & advice on:  the big wooden roller-coaster? (wheeee!) Nice place to
dunk the kids at the beach ? Cheapo harbor/ boat tour ? Places to avoid? and
of course... any Roadster events going on ???

Thoughts/ ideas appreciated !!!!  ( off-list - thanks)

Laurie :-)
70 SPL311
AzROC
Chandler, AZ