Re: Steering Wheels & Seat Belts

To: "Roadster List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Steering Wheels & Seat Belts
From: Tom Hendricksen <tom@fransfancies.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 17:23:57 -0700
The webbing material should be available for these belts.  Would it be
unreasonable to measure and record the stitching pattern on the original belts
and remake them yourself on the original hardware using a good sewing machine
and thread?

The machine would have to work to get through all of the layers.  There are a
number of home machines that should have the power to sew the thick seams, or
commercial sewing shops should be able to stitch them.  I might consider
creating the stitching instructions and using my embroidery machine, which will
sew anything from toilet paper (great unusual gifts) to marshal arts belts,
which are very thick.  Heck, I might even put the Datsun D in the stitching.  I
am going to have to experiment with this one cuz I am going to need belts too.

Tom Hendricksen
69 2000
Portland, Oregon