Fuel Tank Removal - What Happened

To: "'Roadsters (E-mail)'" <Datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fuel Tank Removal - What Happened
From: Tom Hendricksen <tom@fransfancies.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 20:19:07 -0700
Thanks to all of the replies.  I think I tried every one of them, some a
couple of times.  In the end nothing would release the nut that held the
hose to the fitting.  Yesterday I sat down by the right rear wheel and
informed the car that I had a tubing wrench in one hand and a hack saw
blade with hand grip in the other.  If it did not release that nut I
would cut the hose.  I unwrapped the cloth soaked in penetrating oil
(over a week on that nut) and tried to remove the nut with the tubing
wrench...  The hacksaw worked the first time.

I delivered the tank to a gentleman who has a steam cleaner in his shop
(hard to find), and, after paying him $10.00 tomorrow, I will re-install
the tank and see about starting the car again.  Unfortunately I will be
somewhat busy for the much of the holiday weekend working the Reptile
Show at the Oregon Museum of Science And Industry.  This their largest
attended event every year and, while the reptiles (lizards in our case)
are my wife's, I spend a lot of time working in the background during
the show.  I will insure the car just in case.

Just to be sure:  I believe when I rotate the oil pump to prime the
engine I rotate it counter-clockwise.  Is that correct?

Tom Hendricksen
69 2000
Portland, Oregon