Roadster Stories- Adults only

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Roadster Stories- Adults only
From: "Chris Bond" <cbond@carolina.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 23:52:39 -0400
Hey List. While I'm at it I thought I would tell of some of my latest roadster
adventures. The first story is about me all alone on a 4 lane hiway winding
the little 1600 up through the gear box. Whats that? A pack of cars with a cop
in the middle. I hit the brakes hard but it was too late. The cop does a u and
pulls me. He likes the car and I tell him the speedo doesnt work. He tells me
Yeah, but when you saw me your speed dropped dramatically. He gives me a fix
it ticket and sends me down the road. I was really thankfull and ass kissy
with him.                                     The next story is about taking a
date out to lunch in the new red 67 with no top. We had a nice lunch in
Mocksville NC after visiting with Keith Hege, a roadster guy. While we were
eating, a little cloud came over and sprinkled some rain down on the car. I
wheeled it over to a closed down gas station and walked back to finish my
meal. The sky cleared up after the meal and we took off. We didnt get 2 miles
and the bottom fell out. I wheeled it in to a car wash bay in town. We were
probably in the bay for over a hr.Anyway, things got a little steamy in the
car wash bay. Sometimes you saw my date and sometimes you didnt. Anyway, I was
keeping an eye out for cars in front of me and everything was cool. I thought
the old garage behind us was empty, but it wasnt. I looked in the rear veiw
mirror and saw these faces looking out the window. I brought this to my dates
attention and we decided we better take off.
My last story is a family oriented story. I took the no top red car to Wal
Mart around 11 at night to do some shopping. I hear an anouncement over the
speaker. If anyone in the store is driving a antique convertable, you need to
put your top on its raining. Its raining was the understatement of the year.
My poor little car was getting drenched. All I could do was sit in the
entryway and watch. It rained hard on-in my car for at least a hr. that was
Sunday night and the car is still dripping water on the garage floor. People
were driving around the car slow just watching it get soaked and everyone
coming through the door had a comment or two about it.
Anyway, I hope some of you found this amusing. If not, lighten up. Gotta go,
the girl from the car wash is here now. Please dont ban me from the list.
Chris