main bearings "help"

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: main bearings "help"
From: "Pat Mahoney" <dynaguy54@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 18:23:13 -0800
Hi List,  I picked up my main bearing set today. Nissan part #12207-E0702.
Comparing them to what is in the engine now I've a question.  The new set
has a pair that I believe goes to the rear main that has a flange or a lip.
The others are just flat.  The ones that are in the engine now have no
flange or lip.  The rear main was the one that showed excessive wear and
side to side slop.  Did my engine have the wrong bearings or do I have the
wrong ones now? Or does it matter??  I don't want to open the new set if I
have to return.   TIA   pat '69 2000