Re: OT: 67 Datsun SSS ?????

Subject: Re: OT: 67 Datsun SSS ?????
From: Adam Bradley <ambradley@attbi.com>
Date: Sat, 01 Mar 2003 17:32:01 -0800
I've got one, it's very nice!  (said in an outrageous accent).

It's an RL411, aka Bluebird, and more specifically a 1967.5 model (5-main
bearing engine).  The early '67 RL411, like the early '67 1600 Roadster,
used the 3-main R16, the later used the 5-main.  Other than the engine
there is no difference between SSS and non-SSS RL411's in the US (except
the SSS badging).  The RL411 is a '67 only model in the US, earlier cars
having either the E1 (1200, called the PL410) or J13 (1300, called the
PL411) engine.  I've got both a '67 RL411 SSS sedan and a '66 PL411 sedan.

By the way, if anyone wants to BUY my RL411, let me know... probably never
find one cleaner!

Value?  Not much.  The nicest RL411 sedan I've ever seen went on eBay for a
little over $2,000, and it took three or four times to actually sell
it.  But they're still cool little cars, and a bit different than all the
510's out there (albeit slower/handle worse/smaller/more awkward/spartan/etc.).

At 09:22 PM 2/28/2003 -0500, Mark Sedlack wrote:
I received an email from a guy ( sent to the addy on my web page ) :

 >>      I've got a  67 SSS  Datsun sedan sitting in my yard . All original
 >>  and in fair to medium condition .  The owner is nowhere to be found
 >>  and I think I can get paper on it .
 >>     Since you deal with these cars , I was wondering if you would have
 >>  any idea of it's value or someone who would be interested ?

Anybody know what it might be?  He says he lives across the sound from Seattle
Washington.
Mark Sedlack
OROC
Cuyahoga Falls OH