RE: Rear axle shims 2

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Rear axle shims 2
From: "Gordon Glasgow" <gsglasgow@attbi.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 18:01:51 -0800
Use a dial indicator to check the end play of the axles. It should be
between .012" and .020". Adding shims increases the end play if it is too
tight. You get a more accurate reading if you pop off the brake drums first.
Mount the dial indicator to the leaf spring with a magnetic base, set up the
indicator against the axle flange, and push the axle back and forth (in and
out).

Gordon Glasgow
Renton, WA
www.gordon-glasgow.org