Wiring again

To: "Datsun-Roadsters List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Wiring again
From: "Jessica" <windsurfer@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 20:16:00 -0500
Back a few weeks ago, I replaced my 1966 30 AMP alternator with a 1974 260Z
Hitachi 50 AMP alternator.  I wired the new alternator in as follows:  F=w/b,
N=y, E= ground, B=pos (one wire to the Voltage regulator, one to the AMP
meter.

All seems to work fine, but when I start the motor, the AMP meter gets hot and
the needle is pegged at 30 AMP.  If I take a wire from the B post of the
alternator and attach it to the positive of the battery, the AMP meter stays
cool, the needle is just on the positive side, and shows that its charging.
The only thing is that the wire that I connected from the B on the alternator
to the battery (fused at 30AMP), gets real hot?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ivin