Re: Craig Halsted

To: "Mike" <datsun_sports@hotmail.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Craig Halsted
From: "Paul" <9laser3@bright.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 22:29:53 -0500
  Never occurred to me that some of the newer listee's may not know much
about Craig.  So here's my version.  Craig doesn't have a dime to his name.
How do I know this?  Because if he did, he'd buy another car.  Or truck.  Or
bus.  Or church!  He never could pass up making a deal.  His roadster
collection is certainly over 25.  Everything from rust buckets to running
cars.  From low VINs, to Canadian ice racers.   And who hasn't heard about
the frame hanging up in the barn, already converted to use a Buick 215 V8!
I'd bet Craig new every VIN of every one he has ever owned.  He love of
buying roadsters is only rivaled by his love of selling roadsters, but
neither love is as great as his love of life and just having a good time.
  When I first met Craig, it was under the hot sun at Carlisle, where he has
a vendors booth every year to sell parts.  The second time I caught up with
him at Carlisle it had rained for days and the whole park was knee deep in
mud, but Craig's smile was just as big as the first time.  At Summit Point
this past fall, he went through the paddocks from Datsun to Datsun to say
hello to old friends and to say howdy to new ones.  He was so excited to
have just re-purchased the roadster he had on his honeymoon.  It had aged a
bit, same as he had I'm sure, but to hear him talk about it, ... well he was
as proud of it as Andrew is of his frame off restoration in progress!
  Can't wait to see him again!

Paul Kort