Re: tranny, oil pump, missing bolts questions for my 67 1600

To: "Mike" <datsun_sports@hotmail.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: tranny, oil pump, missing bolts questions for my 67 1600
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 20:07:45 -0500
4 speeds don't last longer than 60K miles, and generally less, if you don't
replace the countergear shaft and bearings and often this are the metal
pieces you find attached to the magnet. Usually from the caged bearings
disintegrating.

Take off the bottom cover of the tranny and see if there is any play in the
countershaft by moving the countergear up and down. There should not be any
play whatsoever. Also check for play back and forth. There should be very
little play there also.

Yes there should be 2 5/16 bolts there.

Mike