re: Koni's setup

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: re: Koni's setup
From: Gonridn2@aol.com
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2003 00:46:21 EST
Someone was asking about setting up Koni's on an autocross car.  On my
racecar, I'm using Nismo comp springs and adjustable Koni's front and rear.
The Roadster handles much better with as much oversteer as possible (loose
rear end), especially with a welded rearend.  The car really plows the front
end when pushed hard, so anything to improve the front end bite and loosen up
the rear helps.  Cutting the bumpstops per the old Bob Sharp manual helps.
Many racers will run a large front sway bar and no rear sway bar (my current
setup).  With the same train of thought, I run my front Konis soft and the
rear's stiff.

Best of luck, Troy