Re: need assistance in bay area, CA

To: <Mtbdavid2@aol.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: need assistance in bay area, CA
From: "Fred Schroeder" <roadster2@texoma.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 16:48:04 -0600
A rhythmic tick sounds more like valves.  A loose chain is usually more of a
buzzing/rattling sound.  There has to be a good bit of slack for the chain
to hit the bracket.  Plus, the tensioner should take care of it when the oil
pressure comes up.  At this point the chain REALLY needs to be replaced
before it is driven.

Best regards,

Fred Schroeder
Denison, TX