clearances found

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: clearances found
From: "Andy Cost" <andycost@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 21:45:30 -0600
I was told by several folks including the machine shop guy that I needed .050"
between the pistons and head.  My pistons pop up .0160" above the deck.  The
compressed head gasket  is .050".  That calculated clearance is .034".  I just
clayed the tops of the pistons and got exactly.034" clearance.  It's nice when
things work out the way you expect.  I also had between .100" and .083" on all
the valves with my big honkin "255" SolexII cam. (296 degrees and .500" lift)
I put the head in the machine shop Tuesday with instructions to mill the lip
of the combustion chamber .020"  It should be done next Tuesday.  That gives
me a week and a half to get the car ready for the SCCA Solo II National Tour
in Houston on April 4-6.

Andy