California Roadster Voices Heard!

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: California Roadster Voices Heard!
From: "Andrew Murphy" <solex67@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 09:54:10 -0800
All,

I got a letter from my State Senator yesterday. Usually you only get mail
from politicians when it's election time. However after the revelation of
SB708, a bill that would roll back smog inspections to 1960 was going to be
introduced, I immediately wrote to anyone and everyone about fighting this
stupid legislation including my State representatives.

I opened the letter and read it and I was happy to find that my State
Senator is against this bill and his letter contained what we already know:
that rolling back smog dates to 1960 is going to do nothing to curb the
amount of pollutants in the air and that most cars from this period are
enthusiast-owned cars that are well maintained.

I am sure it was a staffer that drafted the letter and it looks to be copied
right off of the SEMA web site. Still, it shows they will listen if enough
of us take the time to contact them. I urge all California Roadster owners
to rewnew their efforts to get this stupid bill defeated or we may end up
losing our beloved cars.

Andrew Murphy
1967.5 2000 SRL311-00489
1964 1500