Re: OT - Kinda

To: Mike <datsun_sports@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: OT - Kinda
From: "Patrick J. Horne" <horne@cs.utexas.edu>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 21:35:03 -0600 (CST)
Mike,

My understanding of tubeless tire repair is to find the hole and install a
plug in it. This seals the hole from water penetration. Next, look inside
the tire and cut the plug off flush with the tire. Lastly, put a patch on
it.

It is said that the patch does the sealing and the plug keeps water out of
the steel belt, so it won't rust. It also closes up the hole, which could
be a starting point for a tear in the rubber.

I don't know if this is overkill or not, but it is the way our local
country-town tire repair station does it. Quite a deal for $7!!

Peace,
Pat

Pat Horne, Network Manager, Shop Supervisor/Future planner, CS Dept,
University of Texas, 1 University Station C0500,Austin, Tx. 78712-1188 USA