Early tear drop light sockets

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Early tear drop light sockets
From: Alex Avery <aavery@rica.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 15:05:47 -0500
Woody, I had the same problem with pop's tear drop side marker lights.
Rusted all to crap. I came up with a great solution, though. I'm pulling
this from my memory from last spring, so the details are sketchy (I can't
go look on the car because the car is at the shop with a very sick sounding
engine--dropped a valve or worse! Diagnosis pending), but basically I
replaced the whole rusted out metal light bulb socket with the new
replacement socket for a (GM?) side marker light. Autozone had the bulb
sockets with wires pre-attached in their electrical section. I think I
inserted the sockets into the tear drop housing from the front. They were
basically exactly the same size as the original and fit in the same place.
I think I then secured them into the housing with a few good wraps of
electrical tape. I really can't remember this part well but there are
several ways you could do it.

Anyway, the point is that you can renew the base and housing for only a
couple of bucks and you'll have brand new, zinc plated electrical sockets.
I'll drop over by the shop and check it out but it wasn't that difficult to
figure out -- amazingly easy as far as car projects go in fact.

Alex
'69 2000
'78 280Z
'76 280Z

>Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 09:39:40 US/Eastern
>From: dwoodru1@tampabay.rr.com
>Subject: Need Tear Drop Lights...
>All,
>Does anyone have the base parts for the Early '69 Tear Drop Lights that they
>would be willing to sell? I need the part with the electrical connections as
>mine have rusted out. I don't need the lenses. Thanks.
>Woody
'>69