Paint code, moment of the truth

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Paint code, moment of the truth
From: "Matt Jacquet" <matt@vander-bend.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2003 11:28:32 -0800
List,

I've been surf'n the net of what seems to be a never ending supply of new
and old photos of our beloved Roadsters. This search is an attempt to
finalize my selection of a paint color. I know in fact that this a futile
task due to the many variables that effect the paint and the photos that I
have viewed.. still it will make me feel better when all is said and done.

After many hours of research I am now at the "hair splitting" point and want
to see if any of you have first hand knowledge of these 2 colors and a
possible description of the subtle difference between the two.

Silver Gray Metallic Datsun code 511   65-67.5
Vs
Gray Metallic Datsun code 666   68-70

My 68 1600 originally came with 666 and retains this color on the engine
compartment. Car was sprayed a close Maaco match back in 95 but, will now
get proper body work and spray job.

I have seen photos a the 67.5 2000 with what I assume is 511 paint color and
it appears to show a slightly lighter shade than the 666. I do prefer this.

If any of you have first hand knowledge of these two colors or input on the
moment of truth please let me know!!

Sleepless in Silver

Matt Jacquet
spl311 18900