Book Report

To: "Roadster List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Book Report
From: "Gordon Glasgow" <gsglasgow@attbi.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2003 11:22:01 -0800
When someone mentioned the other day that Classic Motorbooks had a new book
about Datsun Roadsters, I had to check it out. It looked suspiciously like
the previous Brooklands publication, which I already have, but it said there
were 140 pages as compared to 100 in the old one. Since they were running a
20%-off sale at the time, I decided "What the heck, you can never have too
many roadster books" and ordered it up.

Well, it is an updated version of the previous one, as I suspected, but the
author has come up with another eight road tests and three comparison tests.
Most of the road tests are Australian in origin (from Modern Motor, Motor
Manual and Australian Motor Sports) but the comparison tests are from Road &
Track, Motor Trend and Popular Classics. Don't throw away your old book,
though, because the last article in it, "Evolution of the Datsun Sports
Cars," is missing from the new one.

Definitely worth a buy even if you have the old version.

BTW, the 20%-off sale is still on. Searching for "Datsun Roadster" is the
easiest way to find it.
http://www.motorbooks.com

Gordon Glasgow
Renton, WA
www.gordon-glasgow.org

[demime 0.99d.1 removed an attachment of type application/ms-tnef which had a
name of winmail.dat]