Diesel Roadster/Z-Car/Whatever??

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Diesel Roadster/Z-Car/Whatever??
From: Mike Harper <roadsterdude1600@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2003 15:06:41 -0800 (PST)
Some of you may know that my Mom recently died.  She
had a 1981 810 Maxima with a LD-28 diesel engine &
Automatic transmission.  When we decided she should
not really be driving (about 4-5 years ago at 85) my
brother & I kind of let the battery go dead, and never
got around to fixing it.  She probably knew she should
not be driving, and never really pressed the issue,
but the car was always outside, and kind of a security
blanket/ independence blanket for her.

Now she is gone, and the car needs to be disposed of.
It has some rust, and probably is worth little as a
car, but the engine is amazing.  It has 108,000 miles
and if you know the engine, you know it runs sooo
sweet!  It is a real deisel, not a gasoline
conversion, and was used in International Scouts as
well as several Nissan/Datsun models.

How about a green Z car?  The deisel would be a
drop-in item (in-line 6-probably an L- block).  We
would be willing to pull the engine (& tranny if
anyone wants an automatic) and shipping should not be
too unreasonable.

E-Mail me off list if you are interested, or know
anyone who is.  Also if there is an International
Scout List, how can I get this message there?

The engine ran beautifully when parked.  The tranny
was fine also, but I think it may suffer much more by
disuse than the engine.

Mike Harper
Charleston SC