Re: Time to think about tunes

To: Andrew Murphy <solex67@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Time to think about tunes
From: "Patrick J. Horne" <horne@cs.utexas.edu>
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2003 18:48:32 -0600 (CST)
Andrew,

I have 2 4.5" speakers mounted in the triangles under the dash. A second
pair of 5.5" speakers is mounted in the side panels behind the seats.
There are holes in the metal there that accept the magnets on the
speakers. Make sure the speakers are screwed to the metal, not just the
interior panels.

As for the radio (in a 67.5), I found a Sony AM.FM.CD that would "almost"
fit in the stock location with a bit of filing. The front bezel on the
radio barely covers part of the chrome trim around the console, so I filed
the bezel to clear the trim. An alternative method, if you can make a
spare face for the console, is to raise the radio about 1/4" and it clears
fine.

Good luck!

Peace,
Pat

Pat Horne, Network Manager, Shop Supervisor/Future planner, CS Dept,
University of Texas, 1 University Station C0500,Austin, Tx. 78712-1188 USA