The fun never ends

Subject: The fun never ends
From: "The Hoovers" <audela2@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 19:28:32 -0700
We almost have the fuel tank pulled off of the '64 so we can send it out for
cleaning.  There's a little rust inside where we can see in, and the sending
unit has speckles of rust and white chalky deposit on it. There isn't any
gooey gunk that we can see, so hopefully it's just a matter of the chalky
stuff that will blow out of the fuel line when we clean it.

Of course, this just CAN'T be an uncomplicated issue (the gas tank is coming
out because the fuel filter was getting so fouled that the carbs weren't
running well enough for us to check for vacuum leaks that might be causing
the overheating.) There are tiny tears (about 1/4 inch long) where the fuel
rails are attached to the trunk floor near the back.  I checked the archives
for possible solutions short of cutting out the trunk floor.  If anyone has
photos or detailed descriptions of good fixes, we'd appreciate it.  We found
a pretty reasonably priced body shop in the neighborhood, and I'd like to
get those cracks taken care of before putting the gas tank back on.

I'm afraid to take anything else off the Roadster...

Charlotte Hoover
Phoenix, AZ
'64 SPL310 1500
'64 SPL310 1600